SESI’s mission is to provide educational services for K-12 students who require specialized educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede their success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. This school year we will serve a record number of students, coast to coast.
The return to school will certainly look and feel different this year, but we are ready to open. We are working with our parents and district partners, many of whom will offer both in-person and remote learning for students, and following recommended Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) back-to-school guidelines to ensure a smooth and safe start to the school year.
As a nationwide employer of more than a thousand educators, serving over 3,500 children and families throughout the country, we must adapt to a variety of State and Local policies aimed at preventing the spread of COVID-19. With these varying guidelines in mind, and in the midst of the continued uncertainty around COVID-19, SESI created universal measures for all of our schools and in-district classrooms. Additional measures are in place where required by State and Local polices.
The following health and safety protocols, strictly adhering to CDC guidelines, have been established in all our programs:
- SESI employees will undergo daily health screens before going to school
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to all our employees
- Masks are mandatory for SESI employees regardless of State or Local guidelines
- Physical distancing measures will be followed based on CDC and local guidelines
- Visitors entering the building will be required to wear a mask and practice physical distancing
- High touch surfaces will be sanitized between classes and staff meetings
- Sharing of materials will be minimized
- Training will be provided to all staff
- Signage promoting healthy hygiene best practices will be posted in all programs
We view these safety measures as critical for ensuring safe environments for students, faculty, and staff.
Our teams remain flexible and responsive to the needs of our students, families and district partners. Should it become necessary, we are prepared to pivot to remote, hybrid, or full in-person learning to ensure continuity of each student’s education.
If you have any questions about SESI’s protocols or services, please contact your local SESI team.
Thank you for your continued generosity, flexibility, patience, and support. We are in this together.
Andrea Vargas, President, SESI